Master of Athletic Training
Applications to the Midland University Masters of Athletic Training program are accepted on a rolling basis. However, we do encourage students to apply early as admissions are capped for each cohort.
Please, note: Applicants must be a junior or senior at their current university to apply.
All applicants must meet the prerequisite criteria outlined below:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Successful completion of the following required prerequisite undergraduate courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology with lab – 2 semesters
- Biology with lab – 1 semester
- Chemistry with lab – 1 semester
- Exercise Physiology – 1 semester
- Kinesiology/Biomechanics – 1 semester
- Physics with lab – 1 semester
- Psychology – 1 semester
- Statistics – 1 semester
To complete an application for the Masters of Athletic Training program, please submit all required documents through our application portal.View Required Documents
|MAT||MAT 3+2 Option|
|Deadline: May 15th||Deadline: March 15th|
Special Offers for MAT Students
Students who are admitted and enroll in the Midland University Master of Athletic Training traditional program qualify for free housing throughout the duration of their program!View Offer
Financial Aid: Graduate financial aid is not dependent on income, although the FAFSA requires input from your most recent tax returns. We have found that 97% of our applicants have been eligible to borrow the full available loan amount as long as they:
- Meet the eligibility requirements outlined on the FAFSA,
- Are not in default or owe a refund to any federal financial aid program,
- Have not reached the $138,500 limit of combined undergraduate and graduate borrowing.
All students interested in applying for student loans should complete the FAFSA and enter Midland’s Title IV Code: 002553. The application can be found here.
Deposit: Your $250 deposit secures your place in the Midland MAT Program, triggers your enrollment in your first courses, and is non-refundable.
To help guide potential applicants, we’ve created an index of all of the FAQ posts that would give applicants a better idea of the admissions process.
To view and accept your financial aid award you will need to visit Warrior Central and do the following:
- Click on “My Financial Aid,” then click on “Award Letter.”
- Click on the box under “accept/reject” to accept the award.
- To accept a lesser loan amount, reach out to financial aid directly at email@example.com. Click on “Accept all awards.”
Students can keep track of their application progress by logging into their application portal to see their status at any given time. From there, students can see what documents they still need to turn in and they can also see what they have already submitted as well.
Please note: The submission of required documents and payment of the enrollment deposit are the main things that can hold up a student’s admission into a program.
Students who are enrolled in one of Midland’s Graduate and Professional Studies programs should: Pay their bill or set up a payment plan. Then, contact their advisor to make sure they have a program of study in place.
Once a program of study is in place, the students advisor will automatically continue to register them for classes based on their program of study. Any student who would like to know what their curriculum path looks, please contact your advisor.
Connect With Our Alumni
At Midland University, we pride ourselves on maintaining relationships with our alumni. To learn more about our program, applicants can request to connect with one of our alumni.