Before you can apply to the MAT program, it’s important to know if you’ve met the minimum requirements before beginning the application process. The first step in the application process is to fill out the application form. Once you have completed your online application, please upload the materials described below via our application portal.
1. Submit Your Official Transcripts
2. Complete Prerequisite Requirements
The following are prerequisites for the program:
- Anatomy and Physiology with lab (2 sem)
- Biology with lab (1 sem)
- Chemistry with lab (1 sem)
- Exercise Physiology
- Physics with lab (1 sem)
- Psychology (1 sem)
Please, note: Students will need to have at least a C or higher in all of the courses listed above.
If you have not completed all of the program’s prerequisites, you will need to provide a completion plan for those prerequisites when you submit an application.
For example, if you are still completing your Spring 2020 semester and have not received your final grades, you will need to provide a list of those classes that are “in progress.” If you have classes that you have not taken yet, you will also need to provide a plan and timeframe for the completion of those classes as well.
Once you’ve graduated, you’ll need to submit your official transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Meet Our Cumulative GPA Requirement
To meet the minimum requirements for acceptance, a student needs to have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher to be considered.
4. Personal Statement
Please provide a brief narrative describing your goal and/or philosophy related to personal, academic, professional, and service development, your interest in athletic training, and your relative background in allied health professions such as athletic training.
A written personal statement should include the following:
- Why you’re interested in the MAT program.
- How you think MAT will benefit your career goals.
- Explain your experience in the field of athletic training.
- Should be no more than two pages in length.
5. Athletic Training Clinical Exposure Hours Log
Please include a log of your clinical exposure hours, with a minimum of 45 hours. If you have not completed your required 45 hours of clinical observation, you must submit a plan of when you will have those hours completed.
6. Review and Sign Technical and Policy and Procedure Manuals
Complete the technical standards and policy and procedure manual, outlining the technical expectations and policies and procedures for a student in this program. Then, sign off that you understand the program’s requirements and/or mark if you require special accommodations.
Then, return the following signed forms:
- Master of Athletic Training Technical Standards Form
- Master of Athletic Training Policies Form
- Midland University Master of Athletic Training Program Policy and Procedures Manual
7. Provide Two References
Please provide the contact information of two references that are either a supervisor, professor, or athletic trainer who can speak to your character and your ability to succeed in this program. Note: At least one of your references must come from an athletic trainer.
After receiving their contact information, we will reach out to your references directly with a reference form.
8. Complete an Interview With the Dean of the Program
The dean of the program will reach out to you directly upon receipt of your application to schedule your program interview.