Welcome to Midland University’s Master of Athletic Training (MAT) Program. This program is a traditional full-time program that prepares students to take the Board of Certification (BOC) examination to become licensed as a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC). With 33 sports and multiple off-site experiences, Midland provides a diverse educational and clinical experience.
To provide future athletic training professionals with the knowledge, skills, and practice to succeed in a wide range of professional settings.
After the Midland University MAT program, students are:
- Prepared to take and pass the Board of Certification (BOC) exam
- Clinically proficient at the level defined by CAATE
- Competent to provide athletic training services in a wide variety of professional settings with diverse patient populations
- Able to synthesize information, make decisions, and act in ways that maximize patient outcomes
- Exhibiting behaviors consistent with those of athletic training professionals
See the retention rate, graduation rate, program placement rate and BOC pass rate for this MAT program here.
Midland University’s Master of Athletic Training program, which includes our 3+2 and traditional MAT options, has been approved by the Higher Learning Commission.
Midland University’s Master of Athletic Training (MAT) program has completed a self-study and submission covering 109 standards to earn a final vote of approval for accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
The recently attained accreditation is required for all Midland MAT students to be eligible to take the Board of Certification (BOC) exam to become a certified athletic trainer (ATC) and represent one of three graduate programs accredited by CAATE in the state of Nebraska.