As part of the Dunklau School of Business, the Master of Science: Sport Administration and Leadership program is designed to prepare you to creatively address the needs of stakeholders within an athletic organization while developing your administration and leadership skills.
Some specific skills gained from the program include:
- Skills to create a culture for learning, serve as a role model, inspire, develop leadership in others, and help build and support an inviting culture
- A better understanding of how to coach and mentor adults to learn more effectively and grow professionally
- Knowledge of financial statements, financial analysis, and financial management expertise to enhance decision-making capabilities
- The ability to assess and develop organizational and brand promotional goals in order to analyze promotional methods and channels and the optimal employment of various types of media
- The process of hosting athletic events and facilities management
- Knowledge of legal principles related to the sports industry
- 100% Online. No campus visits are required.
- An asynchronous schedule means you can complete coursework anytime 24/7.
- Start dates in spring, summer, and fall.
- A capstone project to help you prepare for a career in the sport field through hands-on experiences.
Our faculty is comprised of industry professionals who will prepare you to recognize opportunities and face the challenges in the evolving sport industry.
Through this internship course, students apply knowledge gained from the program to real-world experience to begin and/or further their career in the sport industry.