Site Search

Admissions FAQs

Center for Graduate and Professional Studies


What should I include in my application?

Students who apply to one of Midland University’s Graduate and Professional Studies programs will be asked to submit supporting documents, complete any other program-specific requirements and pay a $250 enrollment deposit to hold their seat in the program.

Students should also include a personal statement that tells us about themselves and why they think our program would be a good fit for them. Midland is passionate about helping students who want to grow as individuals and succeed in their careers across all programs.

To view an example of a personal statement


For a specific list of supporting documents and other requirements, please visit your specific program page.

Can I meet with my admissions advisor?

Of course! We encourage all students to meet with their advisor either in person or virtually to discuss any questions, tour our Omaha facility, or bring in application paperwork.

Schedule an Appointment


What is an official transcript and where do I send it?

An official transcript is a list of all completed courses and credits towards a student’s degree and can be requested from any university, or college. For a transcript to be official, it has to come directly from the issuing university to Midland, either in hard copy or electronically.

For those that have not completed their degree, we’ll accept unofficial transcripts for provisional admission, and will require official transcripts that show the degree earned when it is awarded.

To submit your official transcripts to Midland University’s Graduate and Professional Studies programs, please go to your school(s)’ registrar and request a transcript be sent by email to, or hard copy to 11213 Davenport St #100, Omaha, NE 68154.

Are there any Midland University scholarships available for me?

Yes, donor funding provides scholarships for many of our Midland graduate and professional programs. Please see the specific program page for exact details about scholarships for students.

How do I qualify for Federal Financial Aid (loans or grants)?

Students who are U.S. Citizens or permanent residents are generally eligible for federal financial aid if they are not default on any federal loans and have not hit the federal borrowing limit of $138,500 for graduate, and $57,500 for undergraduate programs.

Click to View Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements


Please note: Federal financial aid is only available for our degree seeking programs. Students will not qualify for federal financial aid if they are taking Midland’s Code Academy and Project Management Certificate programs.

What outside scholarships may be available for me?

Midland University is passionate about helping students find funding for their undergraduate or graduate degrees. Therefore, we’ve provided a list of outside scholarships that students can apply for as a starting point for your research.

To view available outside scholarships


I am an international student, what do I need to provide in support of my application?

All international students are required to provide a few additional pieces of information during the application process. International students should complete an application to the program of choice and also submit the following additional pieces of information outlined in detail here.

How can I reserve my seat in the program?

Submitting your $250 enrollment deposit will secure your seat in any Midland University graduate or professional program. All deposits are non-refundable but can be pushed to the following term should you not be able to start as expected. All deposits can be paid online via our application portal using the same login credentials as your application.

Are refunds available for an enrollment deposit if I drop out of the program?

All deposits are non-refundable as it signifies a commitment to enroll in classes and we may have turned other students down. If you wish to roll your deposit to the following term, please let your admissions advisor know. Midland University may keep your deposit on file for one term following, should you request us to do so.

How do I know where I am in the admissions process?

Students can keep track of their application progress by logging into their application portal to see their status at any given time. From there, students can view what documents they still need to turn in and they can also see what they have already submitted.

Please note: The submission of required documents and payment of the enrollment deposit are the main requirements that can hold up a student’s admission into a program.

Current Students

How do I add tools to my student account on

To add tools to your student account, please log into and follow these simple steps:

  1. Go to “Tools.”
  2. Click on “Student” drop down.
  3. Star the tools you’d like to save to your student account. We highly recommend you star the following tools:
    1. Student Portal
    2. Statement of Account
    3. Pay Your Account
    4. My Financial Aid

Once you’ve added those tools to your account, you’ll be able to use them with ease by clicking on the “Student” tab on the left-hand side of the screen.

How do I access the Student Portal and what is it used for?

To access the Student Portal, students can visit and follow these simple steps:

  1. Log in with your username and password.
  2. Click on “Tools.”
  3. Click on “Student” drop down.
  4. Then, click on “Student Portal.”

From the home page within the Student Portal, you’ll have access to your “My Academics” page on the left which is where you’ll find your unofficial transcripts by clicking “Your Degree Audit.”

You will also be able to view your class schedule on the first day of class under “My Profile.” Inside of the Student Portal, you can update your information including addresses and phone numbers, and any emergency contact information within this section.

You can also access your finances including your account information as well as your financial aid. If you have any other questions, please contact your advisor.


How do I accept my financial aid award?

To view and accept your financial aid award, you will need to visit and do the following:

  1. Log in with your username and password.
  2. Click on “Tools.”
  3. Click on “Student” drop down.
  4. Then, click on “My Financial Aid.”
  5. Then click on “Award Letter.”
  6. Click on the box under “accept/reject” to accept the award.
When are payments due for each class?

Payments across all programs are always due the first day of the term. Students can make their payments through Nelnet, available via the Student Portal found under tools on

How do I make an online payment?

To make an online payment, please go to and do the following:

  1. Log in with your username and password.
  2. Click on “Tools.”
  3. Click on “Student” drop down.
  4. Then, click on “Pay Your Account.”
  5. Click on “Manage my Account” on the home screen.
  6. Use the Nelnet payment system to process an online payment.
How do I access my student billing statements?

To access your student billing statements, please go to and do the following:

  1. Log in with your username and password.
  2. Click on “Tools.”
  3. Click on “Student” drop down.
  4. Then, click on “Statement of Account.”
  5. Click on “My Finances,” then click “Account Information.”
  6. Click on the “Registration Bill” tab, and select the term you’re interested in.
How do I view my final grades for a specific term and course?

To view your final grades for a specific term, please visit and do the following:

  1. Log in with your username and password.
  2. Click on “Tools.”
  3. Click on “Student” drop down.
  4. Then, click on “Student Portal.”
  5. Click on “My Academics,” then click “View My Grades.”
  6. Select the term to view the grades online.

Grades are posted within ten days of the official completion of a term.

How do I view an unofficial transcript?

To view a complete unofficial transcript, visit and do the following:

  1. Log in with your username and password.
  2. Click on “Tools.”
  3. Click on “Student” drop down.
  4. Then, click on “Student Portal.”
  5. Click on “My Academics,” then go to “Degree Audit.”
  6. Click the “Unofficial Transcript” link at the top of the page.

For more information on registration, please visit Midland’s Registrar’s Office.

Who can help me sign up for classes?

Students who are enrolled in one of Midland’s Graduate and Professional Studies programs should:

  1. Pay their bill or set up a payment plan.
  2. Then, contact their advisor to make sure they have a program of study in place.
  3. Once a program of study is in place, the students advisor will automatically continue to register them for classes based on their program of study.

Any student who would like to know what their curriculum path looks, please contact your advisor.

I Accept

This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue using our website, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website and you agree to our Privacy Policy.