All scholarships will be allocated according to Midland University policy, which may not be a uniform distribution across all terms, and will be contingent upon remaining in good academic, financial, and disciplinary standing with the University.
Students may qualify for merit-based scholarship support OR any preferred partner or corporate discounts, whichever results in a higher discount.
Dunklau School of Business
Master of Business Administration
- Scholarships are intended for students who enroll in the full fourteen courses of the Midland MBA. Enrolling in fewer than fourteen courses with Midland University will lower scholarship amounts proportionally.
- Scholarship levels are determined during the first year in which the student enrolls and are awarded for the entirety of the program.
Students who express interest in the MBA program on or after August 1, 2020, and complete their application to the MBA within 90 days of inquiring, will receive a Surface Pro (details below) in addition to most scholarship opportunities.
A completed application requires the online application form and completed written supporting documents; preparatory coursework and interview requirements may be completed after the application deadline if necessary.
The student will receive a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 with keyboard (model QWT-00001, or equivalent) upon enrollment in the MBA. Devices will be distributed to students at orientation, and remain the property of Midland University until the start of the student’s second term. At that point, as long as the student has remained continuously enrolled and in good academic, financial, and disciplinary standing with the University, the device will become the full property of the student. Tax implications are the responsibility of the student.
To qualify, students must begin classes in the MBA no later than August 30, 2021.
Attendees of the YP Summit qualify to receive a Midland University scholarship towards the Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Leadership and Talent Development, or a Graduate Level Business Certificate of Completion.
Visit the YP Summit page to learn more.
In response to the needs of our community at this time, Midland University is extending scholarship support to the broader ICAN Global community as they consider furthering their education. Interested students must inquire via ICAN Global before May 30, 2020 and will qualify for a $12,500 Community Support Scholarship to begin their MBA at Midland. Offer has been extended through August 30, 2020.
To receive this scholarship, a student must:
- Complete an application to the Midland MBA between May 1, 2020 and July 15, 2021. A completed application requires the online application and all written documents.
- Begin classes at Midland University no later than August 30, 2021.
A qualified entrant must be a new applicant to the Midland MBA. This scholarship may not be combined with any other merit-based scholarships offered by Midland University, or any partner tuition discounts.
Graduates of Midland University or Midland Lutheran College who completed their degree at least 3 years before their enrollment in the MBA will receive a 10% discount on MBA tuition upon enrollment in the MBA program. Tuition discount applies to all terms in which scholarships awarded do not exceed tuition charged, but can be combined with merit-based scholarships.
MBA for Life courses are open to all students who have been awarded an MBA degree from Midland University and who are in good academic, financial, and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Students are eligible to enroll in any courses that: (i) are offered in the MBA program, (ii) they have not previously taken, and (iii) have capacity after currently enrolled students have registered.
- Students must meet all requirements for and fully participate in any courses taken. Failure to earn a passing grade will disqualify students from the MBA for Life program.
- Students will receive a grade for all courses taken. These courses will become a part of the student’s permanent academic record at Midland, but will not change any degree previously awarded, including updates to graduating GPA or concentrations awarded for the MBA.
- Tuition in all courses is free; fees and any other costs (books, materials, etc.) associated with each course will be the responsibility of the student.
- Courses taken through partnership with online consortiums will incur the consortium’s course fee, ranging from $800-$1200.
- Students may use the completion of courses in this program to fulfill additional requirements for up to one certificate offered by Midland University beyond the degree previously earned.
- The development grant is intended for students who enroll in the full four course certificate program. Enrolling in fewer than four courses with Midland University will lower the grant amount proportionally.
- Grants or scholarships may not be directly combined with scholarships to the full MBA program, unless expressly waived.
- Midland MBA alumni do not qualify for the development grant, but may enroll in coursework as part of their MBA for Life enrollments.
Students enrolling in Code Academy classes beginning no later than August 30, 2021 will receive a MacBook Air (laptop) at their enrollment, subject to the following conditions:
- The laptop will be the MacBook Air 1.6GHz, 128GB storage model (or equivalent).
- The equivalent value of the laptop ($1,000) may be taken as scholarship support in lieu of receiving the laptop
- If the student withdraws from the Code Academy within the first two weeks of the program, the laptop must be returned to Midland University in working condition.
Laptops will be distributed to students at orientation, provided they are in good standing with the University. Tax implications are the responsibility of the recipient.
Students who complete their application to the Midland University Code Academy on or before the dates specified below will qualify for a $1,000 Early Bird Scholarship upon enrollment in the Code Academy.
The student must begin classes no later than August 30, 2021. A completed application requires the online application form and completed written supporting documents; preparatory coursework and interview requirements may be completed after the application deadline if necessary.
|Application Due||Deposit Due||Classes Begin|
|January||November 15||January 11||January 18|
|June||June 1||June 13||June 20|
|August||August 1||August 23||August 30|
Students who express interest in the Midland Code Academy on or after October 1, 2020, and complete their application to the Code Academy within 120 days, may receive an external monitor (details below) upon enrollment in the program.
- A completed application requires the online application form as well as all required written documents; the interview may be completed after the deadline if necessary
- To qualify, students must begin classes at Midland University no later than September 1, 2021.
- The student will receive a 24″ HP VH240a 1080p monitor, or close equivalent. Devices will be distributed to students at orientation.
Walker School of Education
Students who enroll in graduate education courses at Midland University will receive a $50 per credit scholarship upon their enrollment in the program.
This scholarship will be awarded on a recurring basis, so long as the student remains in good academic, financial, and disciplinary standing with the University. Scholarships will not exceed tuition charged, and are awarded after any partner scholarships or employer support is received by the University.
Graduates of Midland University or Midland Lutheran College undergraduate or graduate programs will receive a 10% discount on graduate education tuition upon enrollment in their program. Tuition discount applies to all terms in which scholarships awarded do not exceed tuition charged.
School of Human Performance
Students who are admitted and enroll in the Midland University Master of Athletic Training program qualify for free housing at Midland University throughout the duration of their program, provided they:
- Remain in good academic, financial, and disciplinary standing with the university
- Have not previously enrolled at Midland University for any program or degree
- Begin classes in the Master of Athletic Training program no later than June 2, 2021.
Housing will be charged at the full housing rate, and scholarships awarded to cover the full cost of housing. Meal plans will be required for on campus housing placements. Specific housing location will be determined by Midland University as space allows, with preference given to graduate student housing as available. Housing placement will not begin until the student has paid their non-refundable enrollment deposit ($250) for the program. All enrollment deposits must be received one month prior to the start of class, unless otherwise specified by the Director of the Center for Graduate & Professional Studies.
School of Nursing
Partner scholarships or discounts are available. Please, talk to your HR department to see if you qualify.Meet Our Partners
If you don’t see your organization listed, please have your HR department email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask how to obtain partner scholarships.
Personal or contact information gathered from prospective students will be kept by Midland University until the student chooses to opt-out. Any data provided may be used for admissions purposes, but will never be sold to an outside party.